Registering A Death
The procedure for the registering of a death has changed since the pandemic. The GP surgery or Hospital will send the next-of-kin details direct to the Registrar, who will then phone to complete the process.
Who can Register?
- Close relative of the deceased
- Relative in attendance during the last illness
- A relative living in the district where death occurred
- A person present at death
- The person causing the disposal
- Medical Certificate of Cause of Death
- Medical Card (if available) or
- Birth Certificate
Information required to Register
- Date and place of death
- Full name of deceased (maiden name if applicable)
- Date and place of birth
- Occupation and home address
- If married, full name and occupation of surviving spouse
What Happens Next
- All documentation is sent via e-mail or post to yourself and the Funeral Director.
- You will receive your copies of the Death Certificate in the post.